NEW FOR 2006:
FEATURES & BENEFITS
* Current generation 998cc DOHC 20-valve R1 engine is tunedfor tremendous mid-range punch and 150 horsepower at11,000 rpm.
* R1-style fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttlevalves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb powerdelivery across the entire rev range.
* Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength whileallowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
* Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce ahighly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio. Big valves andhigh-lift cams flow plenty of air.
* Carburized connecting rods with fractured big ends produce aquick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.* High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleevesensure great heat dissipation for consistent power deliveryand reduced friction.
* Four-into-one chamberless short-style exhaust containsstainless steel EXUP and three-way catalyst with O2 sensorfor outstanding power delivery throughout the rev range andlow emissions.
* Curved high-capacity radiator with twin ring-style fans keepseverything cool under all conditions.
* Aggressive chassis geometry for quick handling: the engine'scarried 1.3 inches farther forward for excellent handling.
* More aggressive ergos: new 4.75-gallon tank is 2.5 inchesshorter and shaped to move the rider forward into aposition of total control--supersport-like 51 percent frontwheel weight bias means confident, quick handling.
* All-new 52-percent-lighter aluminum frame uses a specialmold casting technique that allowed engineers to minutelyvary metal thicknesses for optimal rigidity throughout.
* Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with sixmounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
* Two-inch longer and more rigid Controlled Fill aluminumswingarm reduces drive chain-induced suspension movementfor excellent handling, tire grip and looks.
* 43mm fully adjustable inverted fork contains compressiondamping circuitry in the left leg and rebound in the right--proven effective on the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike--as well asstiffer springs for excellent handling.
* Two 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-pistoncalipers and a 2mm bigger master cylinder for strongstopping power; 20-percent lighter, 245mm rear discwith thicker pads for longer life.
* Removable subframe for easy maintenance, anddetachable passenger footpeg mounts for even morestripped-down style.
* Lighter (10-percent front, 8-percent rear) R1-spec five-spokewheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear,complete the look.
* Fairing features a half-cowl design with R1-style headlightlayout that creates a super-aggressive naked bike profile.
* Restyled high-tech instrument display features analogtachometer, digital speedometer, etc.--also a fade-in lightingfeature with adjustable brightness.
* Two-piece seat serves up great comfort along with total control.
* Passenger grabrails for riding comfort.
* Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
* Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight features a sleek,R1-type profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
* Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartmentunder passenger seat.
AVAILABLE YAMAHA ACCESSORIES
Please go toyamaha-motor.com for available products