• Special 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black paint with a numbered serial plate and gold Marchesini wheels; only 500 of these machines will be produced.
• GP tech trickles down: Revised rigidity of the main frame between the engine mounts and steering head, a new, more rigid lower triple clamp and a 20mm longer swingarm produce the best-handling R1 ever.
• Öhlins 43mm front fork and rear shock, fully adjustable, with hydraulic preload adjuster at the rear, provide ultimate handling on the track and the street.
• Slipper clutch for smooth downshifts; revised clutch boss for increased oil flow.
• Shorter valve guides increase intake flow and reduce friction, for more power.
• Adjustable rear-shock linkage allows 10mm of ride height adjustability; the longer swingarm accepts a greater range of rear tire sizes.
• Integrated lap timer switch on the right handlebar for track days.
• Gold drive chain, gold M1-style tuning fork fuel tank badge, define this special R1 as a production racer.
• Short-stroke 998cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled, inline four-cylinder engine now produces 183 horsepower (with Ram-Air) at an amazing 12,500 rpm.
• Dual-valve fuel injection system uses motor-driven secondary throttle valves and 32-bit ECU for super-responsive, instantaneous power delivery.
• Two-piece ergonomically designed fuel tank carries fuel in the rear section, for good centralization of mass, while the front half contains a Ram-Air-fed airbox for increased power.
• Lay-down design cylinder head – 40° forward – optimizes weight distribution, straightens intake tracts for improved cylinder filling, and allows frame to pass over instead of around the engine for great strength and a narrow chassis.
• Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
• Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 12.4:1 compression ratio. Big valves and high-lift cams flow plenty of air.
• Carburized connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
• High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
• Titanium underseat exhaust system (except for stainless steel midpipe with catalyst) contains a titanium EXUP valve for a broad, seamless powerband.
• High-efficiency curved radiator and an aluminum liquidcooled oil cooler maintain stable operating temperature.
• Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput
magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
• AC generator behind cylinder block produces a narrow engine with excellent cornering clearance.
• Overall frame width of only 15.6 inches produces comfortable ergonomics as well as efficient aerodynamic penetration.
• Controlled Fill die cast, truss-type swingarm is very strong and long, for optimal traction and feedback.
• Controlled Fill die cast, detachable aluminum subframe is light, strong and allows easy rear shock access.
• Dual 320mm front disc brakes; light/strong, forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and Brembo radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever delivers amazing braking power
Fully adjustable Öhlins inverted telescopic front fork settings were carefully developed by MotoGP Championship-winning technicians to provide track-tuned handling.
• Fully adjustable Öhlins rear shock was also developed by MotoGP technicians, and includes a super-convenient hydraulic preload adjuster.
• Two multi-reflector and two projector beam headlights provide great illumination and distinctive style.
• Adjustable LCD illumination and multi-function digital gauges: adjustable shift light, odometer, dual tripmeters, water temperature, air temperature, full-time clock, lap timer and large 15,000 rpm analog tachometer.
• Aggressive bodywork with twin Ram-Air intakes for increased engine performance.
• LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
• Sticky 120/70-ZR17 and 190/50-ZR17 Pirelli tires for incredible grip and precise handling.
• Forged footpegs are extra durable and light.
• Extensive use of hollow bolts and lightweight fasteners helps trim overall weight.
• 8.2 AH battery is compact and light.
• Durable #530 O-ring–sealed drive chain.
• Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
998cc liquid-cooled, 20-valve DOHC,
Bore x Stroke:
77 x 53.6mm
Fuel injection, dual-valve throttle
bodies with motor-driven
6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
#530 O-ring chain
43mm Special Öhlins inverted
telescopic fork w/adjustable preload,
compression and rebound damping;
Single Öhlins shock w/ hydraulicadjustable
preload, compression and
rebound damping; 5.1” travel
Dual 320mm discs; radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers
220mm disc w/1-piston caliper
82.1” x 28.3” x 43.5”
Rake (Caster Angle):
50th Anniversary Yellow/Black