Few motorcycle designs manage to balance a rider's need for performance, comfort and sportbike style as well as the Ninja 500R.
Expert and beginning riders will appreciate the Ninja 500R's liquid-cooled, inline twin-cylinder four-stroke engine. With dual overhead cams actuating four valves per cylinder, the snappy motor is user-friendly and inspirational. Exploring the top end of this engine's rev range is entertaining for even the most seasoned riders.
The high-performance engine isn't the only selling point for the Ninja 500R. On twisty back roads, the bike's lightweight, compact design makes for a great-handling machine. This is complemented by Kawasaki's UNI-TRAK rear suspension system, with a progressive linkage similar to the larger-displacement Ninja models.
The Ninja 500R also has the same sporty styling, which contribute to both form and function--the aerodynamic half-fairing provides wind protection for the rider, and is stylishly complemented by a lower fairing.
Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design
- Superior engineering produces sport bike power with broad usable torque
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower
- Includes temperature gauge
Auxiliary Cooling Fan
- Maintains optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today's gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
34mm CVK Semi-flat Slide Carburetors
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Quick throttle response
- Microprocessor-controlled timing never needs adjustment
- Ultra-responsive to engine needs
- Provides excellent acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
Positive Neutral Finder
- Just lift the shift pedal from first at a stop to find neutral easily, every time
- A Kawasaki exclusive
Standard Half Fairing
- Offers rider wind protection for more comfort
- Incorporates large, easy-to-read instruments with twin resettable trip meters
- Stylish lower fairing completes the Ninja image
Double-cradle Steel Box-section Frame
- High-tensile steel perimeter frame
- Lightweight, with superior rigidity for more precise handling and better control
- Centerstand included for convenience
37mm Front Fork
- Large-diameter fork tubes with thin walls for light weight and exceptional rigidity
Front Disc Brake with Dual-piston Caliper
- Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
- Dual-piston caliper increases braking effectiveness
Rear Disc Brake
- Powerful and controllable
- Single-piston caliper
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK Rear Suspension
- Lowers the center of gravity for better handling
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
- Wide, modern 17-inch rims fit low-profile, high-performance tires
Centerstand and Sidestand
- Permits easy parking, cleaning or servicing
Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin
Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.8:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.6 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.1 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK system with single shock / 3.9 in.
Front tire: 11/70x17 tubeless
Rear tire: 130/70x17 tubeless
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 82.5 in.
Overall width: 27.6 in.
Overall height: 45.7 in.
Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
Seat height: 30.5 in.
Dry weight: 388 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Color: Silver / Yellow