Equipment Program & Paint Finishes
Special equipment features and special accessories - perfect individualisation from BMW Motorrad.
Both the K 1600 GT and the K 1600 GTL fulfil their "Gran Turismo" promise with a fascinating blend of supremacy, dynamic performance and comfort to a virtually perfect degree even in the standard trim. In addition, BMW Motorrad offers its usual extensive range of special equipment features and special accessories for further individualisation.
Special equipment features are supplied directly ex works and are integrated in the production process. Special accessories are installed by the BMW Motorrad dealer. These are features which can also be retrofitted.
Special equipment features.
- ESA II (Electronic Suspension Adjustment II).
- Dynamic traction control DTC.
- Adaptive Headlight.
- Tyre pressure control RDC.
- Central locking (only in conjunction with alarm system DWA).
- Alarm system DWA (only in conjunction with central locking).
- LED additional headlights (K 1600 GTL).
- Seat, high, single-section 780mm (K 1600 GTL).
- Rider seat, low, 780/800 mm incl. pillion passenger seat (K 1600 GT).
- Audio system and navigation unit preparation (K 1600 GT)
- Preparation for audio system and navigation unit (K 1600 GT)
- Preparation for navigation unit (K 1600 GT)
- Topcase in body colour, 49 l (K 1600 GT).
- Impact guard for panniers, 4-section.
- Liners for pannier and topcase.
- Storage compartment for topcase.
- Tank bag, waterproof (K 1600 GT).
Ergonomics and comfort.
- Comfort footrests. (K 1600 GT).
- Comfort windshield, large ( K 1600 GT).
- Windshield high, narrow (K 1600 GTL).
- Pillion passenger armrests, foldable (K 1600 GTL).
- Seat, single-section, 750 mm (K 1600 GT only).
- Seat, single-section, 780 mm (K 1600 GT only).
- Rider seat, 810/830 mm incl. pillion passenger seat (K 1600 GTL).
- Rider seat, 780/800 mm incl. pillion passenger seat (K 1600 GTL).
- Slipstream deflectors, chrome (K 1600 GT only).
Windshield mechanism trim panel, chrome (K 1600 GT only).
Coolant hose trim panel, chrome (K 1600 GT only).
Topcase lid trim panel, chrome (K 1600 GT only).
Chrome strips for pannier (K 1600 GT only).
- Second brake light (LED) for topcase.
- LED additional headlamp.
- Ground lighting (only in conjunction with central locking)
- Engine protection bars.
- Sports silencer Akrapović.
- BMW Motorrad Navigator IV.
- iPod adaptor cable.
- 3rd on-board charging socket.
As touring bikes, the new BMW K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL represent the perfect synthesis of supremacy, dynamic performance and comfort. This is also reflected in the colouring of the two models.
Conceived as a supreme, proactive touring bike, the K 1600 GT deliberately makes use of contrasts and a dynamic impression in its colouring. The two main colours available for the body, Vermilion Red metallic and Light Grey metallic, provide an exciting and vivid contrast to the engine in Platinum metallic matt. Another striking contrast with the body colours is to be seen in the Ostra Grey metallic of the frame and wheels as well as other fairing parts.
The aspiration of the K 1600 GTL in terms of comfort, equipment and prestige is also reflected in its colour concept, which offers a powerful presence and an elegant sense of overall unity. Mineral Silver metallic or Royal Blue metallic 2 provide a perfect match for the Platinum metallic matt of the engine and for the frame and trim parts and wheels in Magnesium metallic matt. The premium positioning of the K 1600 GTL is highlighted by its colouring as well as surface details such as refined chrome parts.