2013 RC8 R
2013 SM T
2013 690 Duke
KTM has announced its 2013 sportbike lineup, which includes updated 1190 RC8 R and 990 SM T models and the new (to the U.S.) 690 Duke. The 1190 RC8 R benefits from the addition of a mechanical slipper clutch, and new graphics include black wheels, while the 990 SM T is now equipped with semi-hard luggage and offered in a new black paint scheme.
The new 690 Duke is powered by a single-cylinder fuel injected engine with dual spark plugs, ride-by-wire throttle, a slipper clutch and a counterbalance shaft to reduce vibrations. Running gear includes WP suspension and Brembo brakes with Bosch 9M+ ABS. The 690 Duke will be offered in black and white for 2013.
KTM's press material for the 690 Duke follows:
690 Duke: THE NEW ESSENCE OF MOTORCYCLING
Back then, KTM revived the pure, unadulterated single-cylinder motorcycle in the form of the "original" Duke. Judging by the latest 690 Duke that stands before us today, much has been gained: smoothness, room for a pillion passenger, long-distance ability. But what it has never lost is its intensive and elemental ride dynamics. The secret: a cylinder head with dual ignition and individual, selective mappings for each plug make our most popular engine the best Duke powertrain ever. The result: a whopping 68 hp, a mountain of torque, as well as a throttle response and NVH on the level of multi-cylinder engines. An extremely rigid and superlight trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel sections, a new, state-of-the-art Bosch 9M+ ABS with an extremely dynamic tuning, and now even lighter wheels ensure precision and stability in every situation. These are only a few of the points that make the 690 Duke a true do-it-all bike, indescribably versatile despite all the hunger for corners. But be careful: the lightness of being single can be addictive, because every trip on the 690 Duke is an incomparable and unforgettable riding experience.
- Dynamic 1-cylinder 4-stroke engine with electronic fuel injection, dual ignition, balancer shaft, and 6-speed gearbox
- Max. output: 50 kW/68 hp, emissions: Euro 3
- Two sparkplugs with selectively individual mapping for maximum power and refinement
- State-of-the-art Bosch 9M+ ABS braking system
- Precise throttle control through highly modern drive-by-wire system
- APTC slipper clutch
- Ultra-light chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with bolt-on aluminium subframe and cast aluminium swingarm
- Premium WP suspension
- Brembo radial four-pot braking system
- N ew cast aluminium wheels with light-weight rims
- New, lighter stainless-steel pre-silencer