The PowerSport Technology program is designed to create the industry's most complete motorcycle technician. This motorcycle training program is divided into two main sections: the core module and the manufacturer-specific module. This 72-week program will provide you with the foundational technical training that will enhance troubleshooting skills to diagnose fuel and electrical-related issues and will enable you to efficiently perform service interval maintenances required on all power sport vehicles.
Core power sport training will include:
Suspension and Chassis
Then you will receive ATV, Snowmobile and Personal Watercraft training on a variety of off-road manufacturers including Arctic Cat, Polaris and more!
You will train on all of the following manufucturers’ equipment:
Honda (H-Protrac Professional) Officially supported by Honda Motor Company, this module is designed to provide you with the skills needed to become a Honda technician.
Yamaha (Yamaha PowerSport Service Academy Professional) This module, officially endorsed and supported by Yamaha Corporation of America, is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to receive the Yamaha Bronze Level Five-Star recognition.
Kawasaki (K-Tech Professional) Officially endorsed and supported by Kawasaki, this technician training module prepares you for work in a Kawasaki service environment. You will learn Kawasaki motorcycle, watercraft and ATV technology; Kawasaki fuel injection system operations; Kawasaki engines; Kawasaki fuel systems; and general Kawasaki maintenance and drivability procedures and will receive your Kawasaki Level One recognition.
Suzuki (ServicePRO) Officially endorsed and supported by Suzuki, this module prepares you with the knowledge and experience necessary to specialize as a Suzuki technician. Students will learn Suzuki motorcycle and ATV technology, Suzuki fuel injection system operations, Suzuki engines, Suzuki fuel systems, and general Suzuki maintenance and drivability procedures. Students will be able to gain Suzuki ServicePro recognition.
Polaris This module prepares you with the knowledge and experience necessary to become an entry-level Polaris technician and receive Polaris MSD recognition. Students will learn Polaris fuel injection system operations, Polaris engine systems, and general maintenance and drivability procedures in a service environment.
Arctic Cat (Catmaster Certification) Become certified on some of the most advanced snowmobiles in the field. As a certified Arctic Cat technician, you will have the skills and knowledge to rapidly advance in the powersport field.
Associates Degree of Applied Science
This dynamic program is designed for those students who are looking to pursue a career in the powersport industry along with the academic background needed to succeed in business and management. The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree program covers core information on motorcycle internal combustion engines, primary drive operation, transmission power flow, fuel system operation, electrical and suspension systems. Utilizing service center environment methods, the course prepares the successful student to understand and practice multiple roles and job functions used in the field.
Following the fundamental core powersport training, students will then move into specific training on major motorcycle and powersport manufacturers including Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and others. In addition, students will learn maintenance on personal watercraft, ATV’s and snowmobiles from a variety of manufacturers - making you truly A Technician for all Seasons!
This program provides for a well rounded academic and professional background that allows graduates an adequate depth of education to prepare for supervisory and management positions throughout the powersport industry.
The reasons are many:
1. Training – PSI’s methodology of training is based on dealership service environment operations. You will not only receive the technical skills needed to be successful, but also experience what it is like to work in a service department. We are looking to create today's drivability and maintenance specialists, who can make an immediate impact in the workplace.
2. 7:30 to 1:45 Monday through Thursday – Attend school from 7:30 am to 1:45 pm, Monday through Thursday, allowing you time to work evenings and all day on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. In addition, you can spend extra time with instructors after class and on Fridays to get help and additional training. Finally, you can return home and have enough time to spend with family on occasion during schooling.
3. Size – The PSI facility and the OTC campus combined have over 800,000 total square feet of shop and training space – including nearly 207,000 square feet under one roof at PSI alone. However, despite our facility size, we do not have large class sizes. In fact, we limit our enrollment and keep the student-to-instructor ratio well under 25-to-1. This allows us to be selective as we look for those students who want this career the most and are willing to work hard to be the best.
4. Job Placement – We offer a great deal of part-time jobs to our enrolled students, and Cleveland is a city with a great motorcycle, automotive and powersport job bank. These jobs in your field are available to help put you on your path to a career and allow you to begin to network. For graduates, we offer career placement services and ongoing placement opportunities for life.
5. Apartments/Housing – At PSI, we have fully furnished apartments located nearby in residential communities with pools, fitness centers and more. You have access to food, shopping and a multitude of jobs.
6. Financial Aid – PSI is a branch campus of Ohio Technical College, which is a fully accredited college, and all of our 12-month and longer programs are eligible for federal financial aid. From grants and scholarships to loans, you will work with trained financial aid advisors to come up with a package that meets your needs and allows you an opportunity at a career in this demanding field.
7. Dedication – At PSI, we provide a personalized touch to the education process. Here, you won't be a number. Our dedicated instructional and administrative staff will come to know you as an individual, and we are here to help at every step along the way.
These are just several of the reasons why PSI is your best choice for real-world training and why we believe in the power of education.
For more information, log onto psi-now.com