Café Desmo has been a hugely popular event for Pro Italia practically since we opened in 1987, attracting thousands of people and hundreds of bikes. This year, for Pro Italia’s 25th anniversary, we’re working to make it the very best bike show and all around fun event that we’ve ever had.
So, it’s with great pleasure that we announce the lineup of judges. They include:
- William Kenefick, Retro Superbike
- Yoshi Kosaka, Owner, Garage Company and collector extraordinaire
- Miguel Galluzzi, Advanced Design Chief, Piaggio Design Group and designer of the original Ducati Monster
- Vinnie Mandzak, RM Auctions of America
- Steve Natt, Host / Producer, Motorcyclist Radio
- Guy Webster, Guy Webster Motorcycle Museum
- Bobby Weindorf, One of Pro Italia’s original service techs and current vintage motorcycle restorer
- Brian Catterson, journalist and adventurer
Our judges have the difficult job of choosing the Best-in-Show as well as the top three bikes in each of our categories: Italian Superbikes; Italian Supersports/Sport Classics; European Naked Bikes; Café Racers (including British, Japanese and American); Italian Vintage; and, British Vintage (pre-1987).
Our hosts for Cafe Desmo will be motojournalist, racer, author, local legend and owner of Yamaha Champions Riding School, Nick Ienatsch and award-winning comedian and television host Alonzo Bodden, duvet owner, motorcycle enthusiast, show host and too tall to be a racer.
New for this year are cash prizes for Best-in-Show and the top three in each class. We’ll also have a special “Peoples Choice” category - entrants will be picked as they park.
How to Enter
- Enter Via Web: Go to http://tinyurl.com/8gpa6g8 and complete the information and payment.
- Enter at the Shop: Present this completed form and your entry fee at our shop.
- Enter by Mail: Mail this completed form and your check to Pro Italia/Attn Café Desmo, 3319 N. Verdugo Rd., Glendale, CA 91208. Check should be made out to Pro Italia.
- Enter by Phone: Call Rick or Karen (818-249-5707) and provide him/her with your information.
Don’t Hesitate... The Number of Entrants is Limited
Schedule for Sunday, September 30:
- Set-up: 7-9AM
- Bike Show: 10AM – 2PM
- Triumph McQueen Drawing: 1:30PM
- Awards: 2PM
- Food Court: 10AM – 3PM
For further information please check out the Pro Italia website (www.proitalia.com) or contact Pro Italia at 818.249.5707.
New 2013 Ducati Apparel Starting to Arrive
Ducati Eighties Shirt Black...
Ducati Scrambler Red Graphic...
Ducati Vintage Service Logo...
And the Winner is...
Andrew Brady of Olathe, Kansas won the Valentino Rossi signed helmet! Andrew previously registered for the Desmosedici raffle and the Nicky Hayden helmet raffle so his participation and persistence finally paid off. Congratulations Andrew, we hope you enjoy the helmet.
Our Triumph store is on schedule to open in early October. Meanwhile you can place a deposit on a Triumph with us, have your Triumph serviced with us and purchase accessories
and more at store.proitalia.com
. Stay connected to us on Facebook
and you’ll know we’re opening and when we’ll be having our opening party.