STEZZANO, Italy, April 5, 2013 – The 2013 international motorcycle racing season sees Brembo well placed for success as the Italian Company supplies a majority of teams competing in MotoGP.
21 of the 24 riders entered in the MotoGP Championship use Brembo brake systems fitted to their machines. These include the bikes of the three Manufacturers’ Association teams including Ducati, Honda and Yamaha with reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo.
Ceaseless innovation, constant improvement of components and materials used for the production of brake systems, increasingly hi-tech research and high-performance solutions, and brake discs and friction materials of the latest generation are some of the features that ensure that Brembo maintains its undisputed leadership status in international motorcycle competition. The engineers of the Italian Company continue to develop products in view of the important technical developments scheduled for 2015, when there will be a renewal and optimization of the braking and wheel systems – sectors where Brembo is already conspicuously present.
The 2013 Championship starts on April 7th at the Losail circuit in Qatar and the season will be contested over 18 races, concluding on November 10th in Spain at the Ricardo Tormo racetrack in Valencia, Spain.
Brembo will supply the following MotoGP teams and riders for the 2013 season:
- Repsol Honda Team (Honda) Marc Marquez (93), Dani Pedrosa (26)
- Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) Bradley Smith (38), Cal Crutchlow (35)
- Pramac Racing Team (Ducati) Ben Spies (11), Andrea Iannone (29)
- Yamaha Factory Racing (Yamaha) Valentino Rossi (46), Jorge Lorenzo (99)
- Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT*) Karel Abraham (17)
- Ducati Team (Ducati) Andrea Dovizioso (4), Nicky Hayden (69)
- NGM Mobile Forward Racing (FTR Kawasaki CRT*) Colin Edwards (5), Claudio Corti (71)
- Came Ioda Racing Project (Ioda Suter BMW CRT*) Danilo Petrucci (9), Lukas Pesek (52)
- Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT*) Randy de Puniet (14), Aleix Espargaro (41)
- Avintia Blusens (BQR FTR CRT*) Hiroshi Aoyama (7), Hector Barbera (8)
- Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM CRT*) Michael Laverty (33) ART (CRT*) Yonny Hernandez (68)
Marchesini forged magnesium wheels on the bikes of World Champions
Brembo also owns Marchesini, a company specializing in the design and production of hi-tech forged magnesium wheels fitted to many race-winning MotoGP bikes. Once again this year, Marchesini wheels will be fitted to bikes raced by the majority of teams competing in MotoGP, including the Ducati and Honda factory machines. Eight of the riders will be using forged magnesium wheels, designed and manufactured to adapt with maximum advantage to the characteristics of their particular bikes. The wheels used by Honda, Ducati and ART all have the same 7-spoke design, but with different and distinctive specifications for each model of machine.
New graphic design and contents for http://motogp.brembo.com mini web site
In conjunction with the start of the 2013 World Championship, the Italian company’s web site dedicated to the MotoGP World Championship will introduce new content and an innovative graphic design. In addition to technical data concerning braking points of each circuit, http://motogp.brembo.com will provide enthusiasts with countless information about the world of braking systems for MotoGP bikes.
Besides MotoGP data, Brembo has created a section dedicated entirely to Formula One and beginning this year there is also be available information and data about the IZOD IndyCar Series, the American championship in which Brembo is the exclusive supplier.