Just one month after announcing that its updated CBR300R would be offered as a 2015 model, Honda has introduced a naked version of the bike, dubbed the CB300F. The new model features all the updates of the CBR version, including the increased displacement to 286cc and the CBR500R-inspired exhaust system. Also like the CB500F, the 300 has a tiny flyscreen integrated into its headlight/dash assembly. A host of accessories is available, including a seat with a one-inch-lower height.
MSRP is listed as $3999, which is $400 cheaper than the CBR300R. The CB300F will be available in red beginning this fall; no mention is made in Honda's press material as to the availability of an ABS version.
The full text of Honda's release follows:
This lightweight and nimble-handling naked bike offers plenty of fun for beginners and experienced motorcyclists. Featuring a 300-class engine, the new CB300F carries a dash of attitude and independence along with its versatile creds. Whether you’re commuting, zipping around town or headed out for a weekend ride, its roomy ergonomics, great handling and broad powerband make every ride a blast. Thanks to its affordable price tag, adding on a few Honda Genuine Accessories is easy—a simple way to give it that extra bit of flair and make it uniquely your own.
Features and Benefits
* Engine displaces 286cc for responsive power throughout the rev range.
* Derived from the CBR250R engine, a new crankshaft and connecting rod create a longer engine stroke (up to 63mm from 55mm) to add 37cc of displacement.
* PGM-FI fuel injection produces crisp throttle response throughout the rev range.
* Stylish CBR500R-inspired exhaust system features larger internal volume for increased performance, enhanced appearance and a throaty exhaust note.
* Specially configured seat and side covers provide an easy reach to the ground.
* Full LCD multi-function digital meter.
* Affordable pricing: $3999.
* Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Honda Racing Seat Bag, Carbon Fiber Tank Pad, Carbon Fiber Fuel Lid Cover, Drive Chain Case (Carbon-Style), Under Engine Cowl (Carbon-Style), Front Fender (Carbon-Style), Under Cowl (Carbon-Style), Front Headlight Cover (Carbon-Style), Tank Shroud (Carbon-Style), Chrome Bar Ends, Seat Cowl (Color-matched), Honda Racing Red Reflective Wheel Stripe Stickers
Honda Signature Accessories
Available Accessory Seat is more than 1 inch lower than standard seat for easier reach to the ground.
Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 76.0mm x 63.0mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistor with electronic advance
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link® single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel
Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 296mm disc
Rear: Single-caliper 220mm disc
Front: 110/70-17 radial
Rear: 140/70-17 radial
Wheelbase: 54.3 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 25° 30’
Trail: 98mm (3.9 inches)
Seat Height: 30.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy:** 71 MPG
Curb Weight*: 348 pounds