Buffalo, NY: Racing defines the ultimate heights in motorcycle tire performance. So consider the fact that entire generations of modern-day championship-level racers in the USA have known only one name: Dunlop.
Our record speaks volumes. Dunlop earned yet another championship in the prestigious AMA Superbike class in 2004, which brings our total to 19 titles, including the last 15 in a row. Add to that impressive tally another AMA 600 Supersport championship that keeps our perfect record intact with 17 out of 17 titles, plus the AMA Superstock and Formula Xtreme titles in 2004, and you begin to understand the absolute hammerlock we hold on high performance.
Our reputation for high performance now grows even stronger, thanks to a pair of brand-new track-going race tires that join Dunlop's championship-caliber DOT-legal D208GP-A. The next-generation D208GP front tire features a new race-proven compound, while a totally new D208GP-JLB rear tire now joins Dunlop's lineup. This innovative hybrid-construction racing tire, the D208GP-JLB, provides a new level of bolt-on performance with unprecedented chassis and suspension consistency when transitioning from the street to the track, and when going from track to track.
Using cutting-edge technology developed in racing slicks used this past season by 2004 AMA Superbike champion Mat Mladin and many other top-level racers, the D208GP-JLB combines one nylon ply, one nylon cut-breaker, plus a Jointless Band-a continuously wound belt of aramid fiber, which is the same material used in bullet-proof vests. This innovative combination of carcass-building techniques creates a tire with revolutionary stability and incredible cornering grip, thanks in part to the larger footprint provided by a flatter profile.
This hybrid construction creates a lighter tire for less unsprung weight, and its zero-growth characteristics yield more consistent performance. This new construction also runs cooler, which allows the use of a softer compound to further enhance grip. In addition, the D208GP-JLB is less affected by heat cycles than the GP-A.
Net result: a true race-spec tire with a forgiving nature, requiring minimal chassis and suspension adjustments at the track. Developed and manufactured in the USA, the cutting-edge D280GP-JLB delivers a whole new level of performance to racers and sport bike riders. The D208GP front tire and D208GP-JLB rear tire are made in Buffalo, New York, and will be available to all riders at dealerships and outlets wherever Dunlop tires are sold.
D208GP-JLB Tire Features And Benefits
- New D208GP-JLB hybrid construction combines one nylon ply, one nylon cut-breaker, plus a Jointless Band (JLB), a continuously wound belt of aramid fiber, which is the same material used in bullet-proof vests.
- New hybrid tire construction yields "bolt-on" performance, requiring minimal chassis and suspension setup when transitioning from street to track and moving from track to track.
- JLB hybrid construction creates a lighter tire for less unsprung weight, and its zero-growth characteristics yield more consistent performance.
- This new JLB construction runs cooler, which allows the use of a softer compound to further enhance grip. In addition, the D208GP-JLB is less affected by heat cycles than the GP-A.
- The D208GP-JLB features a flatter profile, which creates a larger footprint for enhanced grip.
- Benefits include unparalleled grip, excellent drive out of corners, exceptional steering response and superior on-the-track handling, all with a more forgiving nature.
- New D208GP front tire incorporates a next-generation racing compound developed under the most demanding conditions-AMA pro racing.
- D208GP-JLB tread pattern is identical to the tested and proven D208GP-A national championship-winning tire.
- Developed in the USA and manufactured in Buffalo, New York, to specifically meet the needs of racers and sport bike riders in the United States.