From Honda's press material
Torrance, CA: American Honda Motor Company’s Powersports Division announced to its dealers today the release of the CB1000R, a high-performance and versatile “naked bike.”
“Last week we introduced the all-new entry-level CBR250R and we’re just as excited about this addition to Honda’s lineup for 2011,” said Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino. “The CB1000R fills a great position in today’s market as we now bring a very capable sport machine packed with high-performance features to riders who focus on street use—wherever and whatever their destination may be. Whether it’s a quick trip down a favorite backroad, a weeklong ride through a few states, or anything in between, the CB1000R is versatile enough to do it all.”
More detailed information and images of Honda’s model line can be found on powersports.honda.com or see your local Honda powersports dealer.
**CB1000R: A Distinctive High-Performance Honda **
Look at the new CB1000R and you see a motorcycle with an enduring correctness of design. This is a motorcycle with roots that stretch back to the seminal four-cylinder classic CB750K0 introduced by Honda in 1969, a heritage that will resonate with a remarkably wide span of today’s most sophisticated and demanding riders.
Credit its clean, essentials-only styling, a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc powerplant tuned for loads of right-now power, single-sided swingarm with single-shock rear suspension, plus a wealth of new features that give it its own unique identity. Whether you choose to call it a “naked bike,” or a Superbike in Clark Kent clothing, the 2011 CB1000R is the most modern iteration of a long line of much-respected high-performance unfaired four-cylinder bikes—the classic hot-rod Hondas.
- The CB1000R powerplant features a sport/racing heritage in the form of a compact, lightweight and powerful 998cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected inline four-cylinder engine that has been specifically retuned for a street-savvy ride with impressive amounts of low-end and midrange power.
- The crankshaft, main shaft and countershaft are situated in a triangulated configuration, with the countershaft located below the main shaft, to dramatically shorten the overall engine dimensions from front to back.
- Racing-derived 16-valve cylinder head delivers outstanding flow for optimum combustion characteristics and power production.
- Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide enhanced wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
- Sophisticated Gravity Die-Cast technology creates a mono-backbone aluminum frame that is strong yet features thin-wall construction for light weight. This innovative technology forms the basis of a well-integrated chassis package that yields superb handling.
- Distinctively styled single-sided aluminum swingarm with single HMAS shock featuring spring preload and rebound-damping adjustability provides excellent rear suspension action along with a unique look.
- Up front, a fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork with radial-mount dual 310mm disc brakes sourced from the CBR1000RR offers leading-edge sport bike performance.
- Standard seating position delivers excellent rider comfort and tremendous versatility for long-distance travel and two-up riding.
- Short, compact and lightweight seat and tail cowl are both attractive and functional.
- Compact and stylish three-section LCD instrument panel features a multi-segment LCD tachometer.
- Distinctive triangular multi-reflector headlight, with unique LED position light.
- Distinctive cast aluminum wheels feature a swept four-spoke design.
Engine Type: **998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
**Bore and Stroke: **75mm x 56.5mm
**Compression ratio: **11.2:1
**Valve Train: **DOHC; four valves per cylinder
**Induction: **PGM-FI Fuel Injection with automaticenrichment circuit and 36mm throttle bodies
**Ignition: **Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
**Transmission: **Close-ratio six-speed
**Final Drive: **#530 O-ring chain
Front: 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 inches travel
Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
Rear: Single 256mm disc
Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial
Wheelbase: ** 56.9 inches
**Rake (Caster Angle): **25.0°
**Trail: ** 99mm (3.9 inches)
**Seat Height: **32.5 inches
**Fuel Capacity: ** 4.5 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve
**Color: **Pearl Black
**Curb Weight*: TBD
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.